Things We Learned in 2018
2018 gave us the Winter Olympics, a royal wedding, yanny vs. laurel, and so much more. Closer to home, we learned a lot as well, like how to scale a company to 2.5 x headcount, how to expand internationally, and that old school buses really hold their value. Here are some of our biggest takeaways from the year.
1. Curiosity about flexible office space is rapidly growing
We produced a serious primer on the benefits of flexible space, complete with case studies and industry trends you need to know.
2. Soundscaping is a thing
Landscaping is to the eyes what soundscaping is to the ears, and it can help you work better.
3. There are a lot of big ideas about the future of office space
The times they are a’changing, and everyone has their predictions.
4. There is a literal cow tunnel under 34th street
Is this where they got the idea for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
5. It’s really hard to rent office space in Munich
And Berlin, and Paris — zut!
6. Skyscrapers will soon be built in factories
Imagine the flat-pack instructions for assembling one of those.
7. Voting is really important
Ok, we already knew that, but talking to Suraj Patel really brought it home.
8. People are wearing horse blinders to work
Apparently this equine accoutrement is Panasonic’s answer to distracting environments. We have some better ideas.