Effective Date of Current Policy: September 21, 2022
This Privacy Notice explains how Knotel, including its subsidiaries, handles your personal information. This Privacy Notice applies to this website or mobile application and the websites or mobile applications of Knotel Holdings, LLC and our affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “Knotel,” “we”, “us” or “our”) that display or refer to this Privacy Notice (each a Site and collectively, the Sites), and to any online services that may be available on or through the Sites or other services and products provided by us (the “Services”). This Privacy Notice describes the personal information we collect on the Site and through the Services, and how we use and protect that information. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information unrelated to any identified or identifiable individual, household, or device.
In addition, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please see our European Privacy Addendum.
Information We Collect
To provide the Services, we collect the following information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as a first and last name, a home or other physical address, an email address, a telephone number, date of birth, payment information, business information or other identifier that permits us to contact you.
- That is about our provision of Services to you, such as your membership level and information used to administer your account with us.
- Information about access to our facilities and attendance at events.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage data.
We collect this information from a variety of sources including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site.
- From third parties.
Information we collect from you. The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time you register for an account, sign up for newsletters or a loyalty program, respond to surveys, participate in sweepstakes or contests, or engage in certain activities.
- Records and correspondence. If you contact us to request information about our Services, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Location utilization information. This includes information about the time and purpose of your visits, the frequency of your visits, information about your guests or visitors, what types of Services you use in our locations, the rooms you book or use, information needed to control access to our locations (including information about where you may be located), information about your guests or visitors, information about your connection to our WiFi provided at our locations and audio/visual recordings connected with security.
Information about transactions. If you make a financial transaction through our Service or provide payment details (including payment card details), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, billing information, records of services provided, and contact details.
You may choose to use mobile applications that we make available. Those applications may collect location-based information. In addition, when you use an access card or other access credentials to access our locations, we may be able to detect your location. This may be considered geolocation tracking by some regulators.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our website or services. We do not respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Information from third party sources. Advertisers, application providers, and other third parties provide us information in connection with tools we offer and through tools they use to collect information about you when you use our Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content.
How We Use the Information We Gather
We may use data we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- To operate our business and provide our Services to you, which includes managing and controlling access to locations.
- To support events and meetings occurring at our locations.
- To maintain, analyze, customize, measure and improve our Sites and Services.
- To provide customer support.
- To measure interest in Knotel's Services, develop new products and Services, and ensure internal quality control.
- To verify your identity.
- To tailor and target content, advertisements, and offers for customers.
- To notify you about and to conduct contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and other promotions.
- To comply with law and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity.
- For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties in order to support and provide our Services. For example we may share your information:
- With third party service providers that we have engaged to help deliver our Services and products to you, including co-working space management vendors, event managers, and payment processing providers. We may share aggregated or anonymized data with third parties for our or their purposes.
- With advertisers on our Site. Likewise, we may receive information from affiliates, promotional partners, and event organizers to offer you special items, services, or invite you to events which we think you may be interested in.
- With event organizers or others who host events in our locations, including name and email address.
- With owners, landlords, or property managers of buildings that we lease. For example, we may share such information in some cases as part of enhanced security measures to monitor and control building access.
- With corporate affiliates including any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- With regulators, law enforcement, governmental authorities, as requested or required.
- With auditors, legal counsel and other third parties in order to comply with our obligation or protect our interests, property or legal rights, or those of our customers or other third parties.
- With companies or other entities in the course of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event.
- To the extent permitted by law, when required by law, in connection with a court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, ourselves or others.
How We Secure Information
We maintain policies and procedures to protect the security of your information and to safeguard against unauthorized access to or use of your data. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems that we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
What Choices Do You Have?
Update personal information. If you maintain an online account with us, you can log in to that account to review and change certain information you have provided to us.
Marketing communications. You may receive marketing information from Knotel. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails, by following the unsubscribe link in each email. You may continue to receive non-marketing emails from us after you opt-out.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding certain cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website may not function properly as a result.
Links to Third Party Sites
Children’s Privacy Rights
Our online services are not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect data from children under age 18 without parental consent.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at Knotel, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling (646) 883-6300.